Changing the Whole Dynamic!


Some exciting changes have happened in our family this week, as we welcomed our new baby girl into our home. 

Nora Rayelle Williamson was born on Wednesday, June 29th, weighing in at 7 lbs, 10 oz and measuring 20.5 in long.

It’s amazing to me to think about who this little person is and

who she will become.  I wonder what her personality will be like, and whether she will have many similarities to her big sister... or to me or Ben.  It’s like I’m discovering little clues along the way about who she is.  Here’s what I know about Nora so far:

·         She hates getting her diaper changed.
·         Also hates getting dressed and undressed – it is very disturbing.
·         She is has a calm nature.  When she gets upset she is really loud, but she calms down almost immediately when she gets what she needs (i.e. milk, someone to hold her, etc.).
·         She has dark gray eyes… will they go blue or brown?  We’ll have to wait and see.
Arianna is proving to be a great big sister; she loves to hold Nora in her lap, likes to offer her a pacifier, even when sleeping, and Arianna is eager to help change diapers, too.  She seems to genuinely love her baby sister, and gives her lots of sweet kisses to show it.  The dynamic in our home has certainly changed, and we’re figuring out new ways of doing things, getting places and setting routines; yet it seems that Nora fits in quite nicely here.  Welcome home, Nora!
Here are a few photos. You can find even more on either my or Ben's Facebook photo albums.

 Forty weeks

First photo

After a few minutes of recovery

Arianna teaching my mom how to hold baby sister

Watching Dora on the hospital DVD player

Home at last

2 Response to "Changing the Whole Dynamic!"

  1. Stephanie says:
    July 4, 2011 at 2:49 PM

    Congrats!! I'm so happy little Nora is here! I love her name too :) Can't wait to see you guys sometime soon!

  2. Gloria says:
    July 17, 2011 at 12:04 PM

    Congrats!!!!! She is beautiful!!! I love that dark hair too! I'm glad you guys are transitioning well!! How wonderful to have two beautiful healthy girls