Summer Vacation, Part 2

Once we returned home from visiting Ben's family in Virginia, our summer vacation continued here in St Louis when my mom--Kay--came out for Labor Day weekend. We crammed in as much fun and grandbaby-bonding time as we could in the 5 days that my mom was in town. Each night Mom was here, she got to read Arianna her bedtime stories, and they both enjoyed that a lot.

The first full day on Mom's trip was spent at the St Louis zoo and visiting the Gateway Arch.




















The next day we got an early start and drove to Nauvoo, Illinois to tour the historic town. We took a carriage ride, saw the Nauvoo temple, and toured the old brickyard as well as other restored homes and buildings. Also, while we were in town we visited the local Lands and Records Office, and found where some of my ancestors (through my mom's side) owned property in and around Nauvoo.





















Before Mom headed back to California, we were able to take some new family portraits. Here are my favorites...

So that's the latest here in St Louis. Summer is over, and Ben is back at school at Logan College. Arianna and I are getting back into our weekday routine... we usually go on a walk in the mornings when the weather is nice, and we play and run errands in between nap times, and then look forward to when Daddy comes home in the evenings.

We hope you're all doing well. Leave us a comment so we know you're reading. =)

4 Response to "Summer Vacation, Part 2"

  1. Ashley says:
    September 22, 2009 at 11:53 PM

    We read! Arianna's hair is so cute in the first picture. Did she just have a bath? I'm glad you got to see your mom and have a fun continuation of your summer vacation! That's great that you are so close to Nauvoo that you can go often. I always loved going there with my family.

  2. Holly-lu-ya says:
    September 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM

    Sounds like fun! Isn't it great living so close to Nauvoo!?

  3. Anonymous Says:
    September 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM

    When I asked Luke what he wanted to say he said: "I dunno. I really need to call him; I've been meaning to all week. But then I remember that he is three hours ahead of us and I feel bad that all of the sudden it's so late."

    We read the blog. We love and miss you guys. One of these days Luke will call you, Ben. Really he will because he wants to...he is just not good with time.

  4. Gloria says:
    October 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM

    I'm reading too! :) I love your family pictures, so cute!! AND how fun that your Mom came to visit and see her cute grandbaby!! :) Keep POSTING so we can keep up with you guys!!