The California Zephyr

We'll try to catch you up on the past month of excitement.... The first week of April Arianna and I rode the Amtrak from Provo to Sacramento. The train was called the California Zephyr. I was a little nervous about taking the train for the first time, but it was really fun... Arianna and I could walk around whenever we wanted to, we could relax in the observation car, and the people riding the train were pretty friendly. Not to mention, the view through the Sierras was awesome!


When we arrived in Sacramento, my mom was at the station to pick us up. Our first stop was to see the newest member of our family, Jackson Alexander Dunkel. Jody and Heather's baby was born on April 1st, a fitting birth date for my cousin Jody's son. ;-P



On Saturday, April 4th, we went to the Bay Area for my cousin Emily's wedding reception. There we had a family reunion, of sorts... we got to visit with aunts, uncles and cousins before, during and after the festivities of the reception. Here are a few pictures from that weekend.

My cousin Alejandra with Arianna;

Aunts, uncles, and cousins on my mom's side.

Back in Modesto, my dad got in some quality time with Arianna, too. He adores her!



One of my best friends, Anna Keppel, stopped by to visit with us for a little while at my mom’s house (darn, no picture). Arianna and I also got to spend the night with my other best friend, Rebecca Murdock, and her family in their new home in Merced. Her little guy, Elijah, was about 11 months here. He taught Arianna how to growl… now she does it all the time!

All in all, it was an awesome trip. We got to visit with lots of family and old friends, and we even got some great family history information from my aunt Linda about my Walden ancestors. We probably won’t get back to Cali until next May, so it was really wonderful to get to see so many people who are dear to us. Love you Californians!

1 Response to "The California Zephyr"

  1. Ashley says:
    May 18, 2009 at 5:34 PM

    I love the picture of Arianna on the train and the one where she and your dad are looking straight at each other. Too cute!